Fysh tails. (pun pun)

Saturday, January 08, 2011

drove all the way to hougang sports hall at 9am for training. urgh. now im damn sleepy. not to mention tonight i've got to attend my grandma's birthday dinner at some chalet. hohsei thats one whole day gone, and i've YET to touch my psych.

anyhow, i was buying bak chor mee from my fav store at the kopitiam just now. here's how the conversation went. (in mandarin)

me: hi uncle, bakchor mee (BCM) 4 packets. 1 packet dont want chilli
uncle: okay can

-after 2 mins-

uncle: eh your one is the chilli or no chilli one?
mine: mine ah? got chilli.
uncle: okay.

-after another 2 mins-

uncle: (raising up a packet of BCM) this one your one ok? this one got more chilli.
me: wah swee la thanks uncle


Usually when i order for myself, i would ask for more chilli. But since i was buying for my family, i decided to do away with the more chilli - making it simpler for the uncle. Afterall, the fewer things you request for, the easier the uncle's job. I've been in the service industry so i know.

When the uncle said he added chilli for me, without me asking, i was really impressed that the uncle remembered my preferences. Talk about service excellence.

And boy did my BCM with more chilli taste good. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home