Fysh tails. (pun pun)

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Today is the 2nd last day of me working in Mediacorp. Its always when you're about to leave a place when you start feeling a strong sense of attachment to it. (yes, pun intended)

I won't be missing the stupid hotline callers, the work and anything related to it. But rather, I will definitely miss the people there, and Lau Lim Kee of course.. Even though I never did really talk much to them or get to know them better, they were still nice people to get along with. And I sincerely thank them from the bottom of my heart. I'm just gonna list their names down for memory's sake, just so that 1-2 years down the road when I read this post again, it will jump start some memories again.

Cher Fang, my boss aka Executive Editor
Li Mei, the always yelling Asst Executive Editor
Joo Leng, who used to always kaobei my scripts, saying it was like shit
Ah Fei, who said that I worked damn slow
Hwee Min, the first person in my department whom I talked to on the first day of my SIP and who taught me how to cut soundbites
Shee Ying, who has this really sweet smile and who loves green chilli with everything. fav food = thai sauce fish set meal
Suet Ying, loves chilli padi. usually orders = fried fish bee hoon
Cheng Ying
Qinyi, my eye candy or rather used to be, after i found out she was attached. hahahha
Chu Ann, one of my fav editors cos he never scolds me and is damn fucking patient. loves fried fish with kai lan
Tanie, another one of my fav editors cos she was such a motherly figure. stern and serious with work, but really laid back and jovial when relaxing. gonna miss her random whistling in the quiet news room at night
Min Chyi
Ee Sim, who always likes to tease me and then get counter-pwned when i retort back with 1x witty reply AHAHA
Fong Ching, who's pregnant with a daughter right now, i think
Fong Yu, whom I did my first reporting assignment with about the 88 couples renewing their marriage vows. very down to earth woman and easy to talk to.
Hui Hui
Ting Ting

that should be about it i guess. really interesting personalities whom I will treasure and miss.

if i could change something, i'd change the format of the SIP report.
basically im writing stuff like, "oh i learnt X theory and Y concept during year 1 and 2 and applied them during the course of internship. this internship really reinforces the lessons i have had before"

for people who're reading this, do you feel that what you're writing is pure bullshit? cos I sure feel this way.

in actual fact, this SIP only made me realise that all the concepts and theories that we have learnt before are fucking redundant when it comes to the real industry itself. i'm sure people have time to listen to me go "heyyyyyy guys we must write like so and so because it follows X theory, which produces Y effects."

__ to that.

if I could, I'd write about how this internship has really changed my perspectives, my attitude towards Mandarin instead of continuing to view it as an inferior language, how I've met a bunch of wonderful people, how the food at mediacorp was fucking good.
i would also write about how this experience has shaped/moulded my character, even if its in the slightest way.

If the report focused more on the interpersonal stuff based more on feelings instead of pure cold concepts, it would be a much more enjoyable report to write. Writing a report should be as easy as reflecting on one's own feelings and emotions instead of going "ehhh whats that concept? -refers to year 1's notes- Oh yah X theory helped me bla bla bla...". Having to actually THINK PROPER about what to write just spoils the entire thing.

And now I have to put up with my nose growing longer and longer as I keep on writing about how this SIP has greatly reinforced whatever fuckshit theory or concept that I've learnt before (and forgot already).



Fuck the concepts, fuck the theories, they're all gonna be forgotten within a few years' time.
But the memories, the experiences, they're there to stay.

yea la i know i was ranting randomly but i cant be fucked

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home